Update on 19th June 2020
The Government (DCMS) published its full guidance on the return of outdoor sport and recreation, including lawn bowls, on 23th May. Bowls England issued bowls-specific guidance on 14th May which has been updated on 2nd June.
The Government has advised that clubs should only reopen or restart activities as soon as they feel able to do so safely.
The EC Committee has been working through this guidance and decided on 21st May that the club
should re-open for bowling on 1st June, subject to some restrictions.
On 2nd June the Government and Bowls England issued further advice, relaxing the guidance to:
- Allow pairs to be played
- Allow spectators
Thank you to those members who have fed back comments and suggestions on ways to improve the current arrangements. On 18thJune the Executive Committee addressed a number of comments from members and introduced the following changes from Monday 22ndJune:
- Members will be required to book rinks by noon on the previous day, rather than give 2 days’ notice.
- If members are playing and they get to the end of their booked session knowing that no-one is booked for the following session, then they may continue to play, subject to the condition that if they are the last remaining player on the green, then they should take responsibility for the cleaning.
- There is no longer a requirement to stay in your vehicle prior to playing, as long as you maintain social distancing.
- If you have booked a rink and one of your playing partners cannot play, then you may ask another player who is booked to play on another rink to join your rink.
- New members will be welcomed. During this period of limited activity, we will require that they be sponsored by an existing member who will be responsible for any guidance on club rules and rules and etiquette of bowling for new players.
For details see the Rink Booking system page. Specifically the Club House will remain closed and only those who have booked to play are allowed on the premises.
Bracknell Town Council has been maintaining the green and is working to ensure that the green is
ready for play by this date.
All county competitions and leagues have been cancelled and we expect reimbursement of all the monies paid to RCBBA in the near future. Club Competitions have been cancelled and money refunded or set aside for paying future subscriptions.
If you have any comments or queries please contact the Secretary, Irene Stow, so that it can be discussed at the next Executive Committee meeting.
For more information about what we do, then please see our summary page.