On-line Match booking
The club uses an on-line system for organising players for the friendly and county league matches. Members with email available will be invited to participate in the new system.
Members without email addresses may ask a friend to sign up on their behalf, or telephone the appropriate person to sign-up. Once the clubhouse is open, they will also be able to sign-up there.
You may like to know how it will work. The new process will be as follows:
- Members who wish to participate in the on-line scheme will receive an email inviting them to sign up for forthcoming matches for which they are eligible. For example, for ladies’ matches, the invitation will go only to the lady bowling members. The email will display a box against each match which can be ticked to indicate that you would like to be considered.
- The Captain will be able to view a list of all those eligible players who have indicated that they would like to be considered electronically.
- The Captain will collect the list of additional names entered by hand at the club, and add these names to the list of eligible players.
- Once the team selection has been made by the selection committee, the Captain will create an electronic version of the match sheet.
- The on-line system will automatically email the electronic match list to all the eligible members. The match sheet will confirm the Captain for the day, time of start and dress code. Opening the email will automatically confirm acceptance of selection to the Captain.
- As at present, if anyone who is selected for a match cannot play, they will need to contact the Captain for the day.
If you have any questions about the system or how it will work, please contact Ken Perrett, who will be doing the system administration. Any queries about selection should be directed to:
Mixed friendlies - Ken Perrett (On behalf of Ray Furnell)
Ladies’ friendlies – Olive Bambury
Men’s friendlies – Ken Perrett (on behalf of Ray Furnell)
More details can be found in the attached guide.